There is a lot of space under the kitchen cabinet that gets unused. Why not use that space? Why not bring life to the kitchen with the best under cabinet radio?
You’ve heard me right!
While washing those dirty dishes, or prepping for a meal, why not sing along with some old Backstreet Boys or Queen B to make things a little more spiced up. If you’re feeling a bit interested, then you should go through the list.
Maybe some life-changing thing is waiting for you right here.
Table of Contents
- Best Under Cabinet Radio – Reviews
- 1. Sony ICFCDK50 Under Cabinet Kitchen CD Clock Radio
- 2. iLive Bluetooth Under Cabinet Radio with CD Player
- 3. Tyler Bluetooth Under Cabinet Universal Wireless Kitchen Clock Radio
- 4. JENSEN SMPS-628 Under Cabinet Universal Bluetooth Music System
- 5. iLive Wireless Under Cabinet Bluetooth FM Radio
- 6. Sylvania SKCR2810BT Under Cabinet Clock Radio with Bluetooth
- 7. DPI, INc Highest Quality Under the Cabinet Radio
- 8. RCA SPS3600 Kitchen Radio with CD Player and MP3 Docking Station
- 9. Auna KR-140 Kitchen Radio with FM PLL Radio Tuner
- 10. Sylvania SKCR2713 Under Counter CD Player with Radio
- How To Choose Under Cabinet Radio
- Advantage Of Under Cabinet Kitchen Radio
Best Under Cabinet Radio – Reviews
You can pick any radio you want. No one is stopping you from doing that. But finding a great radio can be tricky.
That’s why I’ve tried to pick some very good under cabinet radios of different types to give a glimpse of the varieties.
1. Sony ICFCDK50 Under Cabinet Kitchen CD Clock Radio
Who doesn’t know about SONY? They are the first brand to bring music into the pocket with their iconic WALKMAN.
No surprise that they make one of the top-rated under cabinet radios—the ICFCDK50.
There is a lot to go through when it comes to the CD clock radio. Starting how well it blends under the kitchen cabinet. No matter the decor, it fits right in with any old-school or modern styled kitchen.
But what matters is how it sounds. It doesn’t let you down there too. With a deep bass and crystal clear sound, it gives you a high definition sound to enjoy. Now, you can listen to your favorite AM/FM bands with it. If not, just use the CD player. (still got that big collection of CD’s, then this radio is just for you)
If not, just use the audio cable and connect your modern music players.
Now, coming to the features, there are a lot. From the 15 stations presets to the one-touch cooking timer, a lot of cool options are there to explore. The cooking timer is just the right attribute as it eliminates the need for an additional timer. Plus, Sony offers a remote to control the unit. No need to hover over the radio itself.
- Radio comes with a remote control.
- Offers rich, deep bass tones using Bass reflex sound system
- Supports digital music players using built-in audio cable
- Has a CD player
- Offers both FM and AM bands
- Has 15 preset channels.
- Offers a one-touch cooking timer
- Comes with a magnetic remote control that attaches to fridge
- Has a Ferrite antenna system
- Tuner: Digital
2. iLive Bluetooth Under Cabinet Radio with CD Player
For the best under cabinet radio with Bluetooth, you can go for the iLive. Just like the others, it doesn’t occupy the space in your kitchen countertop. Sits right under the cabinets, freeing up space for you to work with.
But it’s the wide variety of playing options of it that blows you away. You’ve got Bluetooth, the radio, but there is more. The iLive even has a CD player, USB port, and even the AUX-in cable to plug in your other music systems to it.
The control panel on the unit is quite self-explanatory. But don’t have to be hovering over the radio to use it, as it comes with a remote to control things from a distance.
For me, the display is something that deserves more praise. The LCD screen is easy to read. Even in dark conditions, you can see it pretty well. Another thing that makes many happy is the backup power system. With two AA batteries, you can keep it up and running, even if there is a power outage.
- Radio offers CD player.
- Can play music using USB, Bluetooth, AUX cable and more.
- Supports only FM bands.
- Offers 33 foot Bluetooth range.
- Comes with 20 FM station presets
- Offers a illuminated LCD screen
- Supports automatic device pairing
- Gives backup power using AA batteries.
- Comes with a remote.
3. Tyler Bluetooth Under Cabinet Universal Wireless Kitchen Clock Radio
Next is Tyler which is somewhat different from the earlier Sony. Where Sony followed the old-school way of doing things using a CD player, it took the modern approach of using Bluetooth.
Yes, you can connect your smartphone and other devices that use Bluetooth and play music using the under cabinet radio—no need for cables.
Now, the unit here offers only FM bands. You got 20-preset channels to store your favorite frequencies to get quick access to them. And with the dual speaker, you get some pretty loud sound that can fill up the room.
But that’s not all!
Here, you’ve got the dual alarm, sleep timer, and even a snooze function. Not to forget, there is a clock to keep track of things. The best part, the radio illuminates light to surfaces below it.
Even you get a built-in microphone with it to take calls hands-free. Just what you need when your hands are full of pots and pans.
- Offers Bluetooth support
- Has 20 memory stations.
- Gives FM radio
- Comes with an alarm clock
- Offer sleep timer and snooze function
- Gives LED lighting for below work surfaces
- Has a touch screen display
- Built-in microphone for hands-free call.
4. JENSEN SMPS-628 Under Cabinet Universal Bluetooth Music System
Another popular under cabinet kitchen radio that you can go for is the JENSEN SMPS-628.
Before going ahead to the features, you will enjoy the fact, it comes with a light under the radio. So, you can work under it without ever switching on the light of the kitchen. Liked it a lot.
Now, coming to the actual radio things. What you’ve got here is pretty simple under cabinet radio. You can enjoy digital tuning to listen to FM radio using it. Also, there is Bluetooth connectivity to pair your phones and tablets to listen to music through them. Then there is the built-in microphone, that lets you take calls—hands-free communication.
Even you’ve got the AUX-in cable to connect your other devices to it. The stereo boxes are below the radio that creates good bass depth for you to enjoy.
On top of all that, you get an LCD screen showing the time, digital volume control, and a clock with a timer to help you out in the kitchen for those recipes that need to follow time to the tee.
- Has PLL digital tuning.
- Supports FM bands.
- Easy NFC for tuning.
- Quality stereo system.
- Built-in LED work light.
- Battery Back-up using 2 x “AAA”
- Has a AUX-in cable.
5. iLive Wireless Under Cabinet Bluetooth FM Radio
Another iLive radio makes its mark on the list. Now, just like the earlier gear, it fits right under the cabinets—true space saver. But that’s what you expect.
So, what more does it have to give?
For start, Bluetooth wireless support makes it perfect to use. You can use it as a stereo system for the kitchen to listen to music from your devices. And if not, use the digital PLL tuning to enjoy some FM radio shows. With 20-memory station options, you can find your favorite channels right away.
The radio got a nice LCD backlit display. It shows your time. Perfect for those who lose track of time while cooking meals. No need for a timer as it works like one too.
Controlling the unit is quite easy. It got a simple control panel with buttons for pairing, dimmer control, play/pause, etc. All that aside, the real deal is for me is the wireless range it offers—60 feet is no joke.
- Supports digital FM radio
- Has 20-memory preset stations
- Offers timer, a digital clock, and a single alarm.
- LCD with white backlight
- Simple control panel
- Bluetooth connectivity: 60 feet range
- Has a built-in FM wire antenna
- Superior sound quality built-in speakers
- Battery backup system for the clock.
6. Sylvania SKCR2810BT Under Cabinet Clock Radio with Bluetooth
Compared to all the others, the Sylvania has a robust look to it. If that’s what you’re going for in your kitchen space, then it is just perfect.
Right under the LCD screen, there is a big button for the workbench light. That’s a cool feature to have when you’re craving those midnight snacks, but do not want to wake up others switching on the light.
That aside, there are a couple of other buttons for scanning, pairing, volume, preset, clock timer, and more. You won’t have trouble using it as it has a fairly simple control panel.
When it comes to listening, you get both FM channels and Bluetooth options. Here, it uses the latest Bluetooth V 3.0, so you can connect multiple devices like iPhone, Blackberry, or Android phones. It gives a better range that’s much more stable than older versions.
Beyond all that, you’ve got some pretty loud Hi-Fi Speakers that can fill up the room with tunes when you’re in the mood for a party.
- Supports Bluetooth V 3.0.
- Built-in Hi-Fi speaker system.
- Has FM radio tuning.
- Backlited LED digital display
- Powered by an AC adapter.
- Battery backup system.
- Comes with a mounting kit.
7. DPI, INc Highest Quality Under the Cabinet Radio
From Digital Products International comes a radio that can fill the gap under your kitchen cabinet with the highest quality.
But what’s in a name? What matters how well it works and that’s what matters the most.
And you won’t be disappointed. The under the cabinet radio got a lot to offer. From letting you tune into the radio to letting you play your favorite songs from CD or over Bluetooth, there are a lot of ways to use it.
You can use the memory presets in it to store your favorite stations for easy access. Same way, if you don’t want to drain your smartphone battery using Bluetooth, you can plug in the AUX-in cable to play from the devices.
The unit is quite versatile—no doubt.
But that’s not the end of it…
On the radio, you’ll find a large LCD screen with white backlight for easy viewing. There you will get to see the time as it is a clock radio. Even has the timer setting to help keep track of your baking and other recipes.
Besides, those built-in speakers produce some of the most crystal clear sounds you will ever hear from a radio.
- Uses PLL tuning
- Comes with station presets
- Has a digital clock with timer
- Aux Input
- White backlight LCD Display
- Has digital volume control
- Powerful built-in speakers
8. RCA SPS3600 Kitchen Radio with CD Player and MP3 Docking Station
The RCA unit is a bit bulky compared to all the others on the list. Thankfully, the mounting system under the cabinet doesn’t make that a problem—no hogging of space.
This best under cabinet radio CD player lets you enjoy both AM and FM bands. And as you can guess, it lets you enjoy your CD’s to play with too.
But these aren’t the most exciting parts about it. What makes it a unique proposition is its MP3 docking station. The flip-down holder makes it really cool.
Even it got counter lights to work underneath it.
With features like memory presets, playing music from your devices, and remote control from a distance, the unit has it all. The only thing it got missing is Bluetooth connectivity.
Other than that, as a whole, the RCA unit is quite the package deal.
- Has a CD player
- Supports both AM/FM channels.
- Preset memory function available
- Has a MP3 docking station
- Offers a high performance sound system
- Has a kitchen timer.
- Underneath it has a counter light
- LCD display with no backlit.
9. Auna KR-140 Kitchen Radio with FM PLL Radio Tuner
The auna KR-140 kitchen under cabinet radio got a large display that is hard to miss by. Otherwise, the sleek silver design blends with the cabinet of the modern kitchens as if it was a part of that—such a smooth transition.
However, the auna isn’t just a treat for the eyes, it is a treat for the ears too. With its powerful built-in speakers, it produces 10 watts each for those 2-stereos. The beats hit you hard. All credit goes to the two small subwoofers that give strong bass to the songs.
Like many of the others, under the radio, there is a LED lighting system that lights up the surface below. And the display itself has a touch screen display that lets you work with the grease in your hands—easy one wipe clean.
Companied by an FM tuner with 40 station memory, you can keep your favorite station saved for easy access. Plus, Bluetooth is there for wireless streaming of your favorite songs from your devices.
What more to want?
- Offers FM bands.
- Has 40-preset memory stations.
- Has LED work light.
- Dual-stereo system.
- Two subwoofers for strong bass.
- Touch screen display.
- Easy wipe clean.
- Offers Bluetooth connectivity.
10. Sylvania SKCR2713 Under Counter CD Player with Radio
Let’s wrap up the best under cabinet kitchen radio list with another exotic Sylvania radio. This time it is the SKCR2713.
Similar to the earlier Sylvania, it has a nice sleek look that blends with the decor. And also has a similar control panel, that’s quite straightforward—no complex use.
To run this unit, you can plug in the AC adaptor to the outlet. But in case of emergencies, it has that battery backup option to make sure the tune never stops.
Using the built-in FM tuner in it, you can listen to radio shows or use Bluetooth to connect your devices and play songs from there.
On the easy to read LED screen, you can see the time. With the black background and white digits, it is easy to see even from across the room. And standing from the distance, you can control the unit as it comes with a remote control too.
- CD player Radio with Bluetooth.
- Powered by AC Adaptor
- Offers Battery Back Up
- Good quality built-in Speakers
- Supports FM station
- LED Display for easy read-out
- Comes with mounting kit
- Offers a full function remote control.
How To Choose Under Cabinet Radio
You’ve got the options laid in front of you. Still, no clue which one to pick. In that case, you need a little more guidance to get yourself the right radio.
So, take some time and go through this quick buying guide to have some doubts clear to make the right choice.
Not all kitchens are the same. Maybe you live in a big suburban home with a spacious kitchen or a big apartment with a modern style kitchen. Or maybe you’re living in a small apartment. Depending on where you live, choose an under cabinet radio.
Having a bulky unit in a spacious kitchen won’t look bad, but that will be a sore throne to the eyes in a small one.
Now, when you’re getting a radio, you want to listen to those wavebands transmitting your favorite music. But not all radio is the same. Some only let you enjoy the AM bands, with some it’s the FM bands. Some let you enjoy both. So, pick the right one based on what you need.
The next thing you can look for is the CD player option. It won’t matter a lot if you’ve got no CD to play in it. But I know, some of you might have a big collection of your favorite boy bands music on those round disks.
If you’re not a CD guy then the Bluetooth option is the right pick for you. That way, you can wirelessly play music from your phone and other devices. Just pair them up with you chosen under cabinet radio and enjoy it.
Other playing option:
There are other ways you can play music on the radio. Some of them have that AUX-in cable to plug in your devices to the radio to play from it. Then some support USB sticks to play from there. If those options seem handy to you, then pick a unit that offers those.
Radio with the preset feature is always a top pick. That way, you can store away your favorite channels for easy access. The more preset channels it offers the better.
You don’t want to hover over the radio all the time to operate it. You want to control it from a distance to have some freedom to move around. So, what better way to do so than using a remote.
If you’re out of power for some reason, then having a radio unit that runs on the battery is always a good option to have. That way, you can still enjoy your favorite shows even at blackouts.
Advantage Of Under Cabinet Kitchen Radio
There are plenty of advantages I can think of having an under cabinet kitchen radio. Don’t want to bore with all that. So, just point out some of them to give you some idea of why you should think about it.
- Make those mundane kitchen tasks like prepping for meals or washing dishes a bit more lively with some fun music.
- Use the space under the cabinet. Instead of putting a radio on the countertop and taking that space, use the unused area.
- While doing work in the kitchen, you don’t have the time to look into your phone for the news. The radio can be the source to keep you updated about the latest presidential debates, incoming hurricanes, NBA playoffs, and much more.
- You can use it as a speaker system to sync with your devices and play music at full blast.
- Some recipes need time to ready. Without a timer, you can’t get the dish right. The under cabinet radio can be of great use there as it works as a timer too.
Does the under cabinet radio come with installation tools?
Most of them offer the tools required to mount them under the cabinet. But not all. So, make sure before you buy the radio whether it comes with the tool or not.
How do you pair up the radio with mobile Bluetooth?
It’s not that hard. Most of the devices will offer a pairing button. Just press on that button. Then look for the device for pairing in your smartphone. It will be there.
Can you pair other devices with the radio system?
Depends on the model of the radio. If it has an AUX-in cable, then you can plug in any device and play music on it. With Bluetooth ones, you can pair any device with Bluetooth and do the same.
Life is not a musical like singing in the rain, but I know it would’ve great if it was:
Singing out all day long, chilling and relaxing.
But in the kitchen, life becomes colorless doing the same chores again and again.
So, bring some joy to life. Get the best under cabinet radio installed in the kitchen and sing along with your favorite tunes.
Don’t let the chores take the life out of you.