Ok, you’ve made your mind to get the best AM FM radio with a CD player. You went to Amazon to get one, and to your surprise, you’ve got bombarded with similar options right one after another.
You’re thinking to yourself: “How the hell I’m going to pick one!”
Don’t worry, take a step back, and take a deep breath in. I will take you to a quick tour of some of the best radio CD players through this article.
Just sit tight and enjoy the ride.
Table of Contents
- Best AM FM Radio with a CD Player – Reviews
- 1. Sony MAIN-87930 Portable Bluetooth Digital Turner AM/FM CD Player
- 2. Sony CD Player Portable Boombox with AM/FM Radio
- 3. Sylvania SRCD243 Portable CD Player with AM/FM Radio
- 4. JENSEN CD-490 Portable Stereo CD Player with AM/FM Radio
- 5. GPX, Inc. Portable Top-Loading CD Boombox with AM/FM Radio
- 6. Sony Stereo CD/Cassette Boombox Home Audio Radio
- 7. Magnavox MD6972 CD Boombox with Digital AM FM Radio
- 8. TechPlay QT62BT Retro Design Stereo CD with AM/FM
- 9. Jaras JJ-Box89 Red/Black Sport Portable Stereo CD Player with AM/FM
- 10. Craig Electronics – CD Boombox with AM/FM Stereo Radio
- 11. Jensen Modern Stereo AM/FM Radio CD Player
- AM/FM CD Player Radio Buying Guide
Best AM FM Radio with a CD Player – Reviews
There are many types of CD players AM/FM radio. So, what I tried here to lay the options in front of you within these 10 radios.
Hopefully, the right one will be in front of you from here. Let’s get on it then.
1. Sony MAIN-87930 Portable Bluetooth Digital Turner AM/FM CD Player
When talking about radio and CD players, how can you not have Sony on your list? They are practically the ones who showed the way for all the other brands. This Sony Portable Bluetooth radio is a shining example of that.
It got that classic boombox style design with the modern aesthetic going for it. Got lots of buttons with labels on them to let the user know what each of them does.
If you have a station that you listen often, you’ve got the preset memory to store them in it for quick access. And when you don’t feel like listening to the radio, get your smartphone and connect it over Bluetooth to play songs from there. If you’re thinking how will you know which mode is in use, no worries, a display is there to tell you that.
Other than that, there is a CD playing option. But the cool bit is that it even has a USB play option. However, there is a recording feature to get that CD music onto the flash drive.
With the mega bass system in place, you can expect it to make your heart with the beat of the music.
- CD playback: both CD-R and CD-RW discs
- Offers streaming audio using Bluetooth
- Supports both AM/FM bands
- Preset memory: 20 FM and 10 AM
- Offers USB recording and playback
- Has a mega bass sound enhancement system
- Battery life is up to 26 hours
- Comes with an LCD screen
2. Sony CD Player Portable Boombox with AM/FM Radio
From Sony comes another alternative that you can have a look into. It’s the Sony CD portable Boombox.
It has many features similar to the earlier one. For the starter, the CD player is there. Aside from that, it got features like sleep mode and AUX-in play that you can also find in the Digital Turner.
What is missing from it is the Bluetooth option. But you’ve got some extra features on it too—like the shuffle play on the CD player. You can play random songs from the CD using this function.
This portable is ready to play by plugin using the AC cord. To have music on the move, you can use C batteries to power up the unit.
For the music lover, the Sony player is a joy. It offers crystal clear sound with a bass reflex speaker. With the mega bass enhanced in play, you can feel the beat through the body.
Just want every music fan wants to hear and feel.
- Supports both AM/FM bands
- Has 30-memory presets
- Quick access using 3-one touch favorites
- Full playback from MP3 files from CD-R and CD-RW
- Shuffle function on CD player
- AUX-in cable to play music from devices
- Comes with: AC Power Cord, Xtech Auxiliary Cable, CD Maintenance Kit & HeroFiber Ultra Gentle Cleaning Cloth
3. Sylvania SRCD243 Portable CD Player with AM/FM Radio
For something flashy, the Sylvania SRCD243 is what I will recommend. The color options that you get with the portable CD player is good. Get vibrant colors like Red, Blue, Green, or go for the more subtle Silver or Black—choose depending on your style.
Then again, it’s not the Sylvania isn’t all about.
Here, you’ve got a portable radio that’s compact and easy to use. Though there is a small display that shows two digits on it, the radio has a frequency scale on the top of it. To tune it and control the volume, you’ll find scrollers on each side of the unit.
You will find a big button on the front with DBBS labeled on it. With a simple click, get a better bass boost on the sound system. When the CD is in use, there are buttons to play, stop, and pause—regular stuff.
And by the way, you can plug in your devices to play from there too using the AUX-in jack.
- Available in 5-eye catchy colors
- Has a compact and lightweight design
- Simple control panel
- Skip/search function for CD player
- Has a 1/Repeat all function
- Loud bass system
- Uses AC wall adapter
- Supports AM/FM broadcast
- AUX-in play option.
4. JENSEN CD-490 Portable Stereo CD Player with AM/FM Radio
From JENSEN comes the best tabletop radio CD player in the form of CD-490. You will fall in love with it at first glance. The design of it has that going for it with that oval kind of shape.
Besides that, the JENSEN resembles the Sylvania in many ways. Just like the earlier model, it got a small display up at the front that gets used when the CD player is in use. For the radio, you got a scale on the sides. The AM/FM change button is below the tuning scale.
For tuning and volume, it got big knobs right on both sides of the CD holder. Compared to the scroller system, it’s much easier to use and control.
Other than that, it’s the same story with similar features like Skip/search forward and back, repeat, programmable memory.
However, the unit has a long telescopic antenna at the back. Therefore, you can expect to get better broadcast reception with it.
- Comes with a top loading CD Player.
- Compatible with CD-R/RW
- Has a LED CD Track Display
- Functions available: Skip/Search Forward and Back, Repeat 1 or All, Programmable Memory
- AM/FM Stereo Receiver.
- Got a foldable carrying handle
- Long telescopic antenna
- Supports Stereo Headphone Jack
- Auxiliary Input Jack for audio players
5. GPX, Inc. Portable Top-Loading CD Boombox with AM/FM Radio
For a no-nonsense, simple to use the unit, go with the GPX. Of all the portable best radio with a CD player, it got the most sorted design.
Not many buttons, a simple front panel with a small display and some buttons surrounding it makes the unit. To get the radio working, you’ll find the tuner and everything on the back.
With the top-loading CD player, you get to skip songs, shuffle them or just use play controls the way you want. The display is there to show the tune number from the playlist. Finding your favorite record from the list, therefore, won’t be that hard.
Other than that, to have a great listening experience while using the AM/FM mode, it got a long telescopic antenna at the back that helps you get better reception. Even that’s not enough, you can always use the 3.5 mm port to plug in your devices to play from it.
- Offers 20 programmable memory presets
- Has an analog volume control.
- Comes with a long telescopic FM antenna
- Supports both CD, CD-R/RW discs
- Play direct Tune from AM/FM radio.
- Has a 3.5mm audio line input
- Small 2-digit red LED display.
- High-quality built-in speakers
6. Sony Stereo CD/Cassette Boombox Home Audio Radio
Do you miss those retro radio buttons? In that case, Sony will take you back in time with their Stereo CD/Cassette Boombox home audio radio.
It even got a cassette deck. If you have your old mix tapes stored somewhere, get them out and start playing them with it. Not only that, just like the old days, you can make new mixtapes with it—Cool, cool cool.
Alongside that, you’ve got your CD player to play from CDs, CD-R/RW, and MP3 CDs. To make the listening experience even better, it got program functions and a shuffle control on it.
Not to forget, the AM/FM radio tuner comes with 30-preset stations to catch your favorite tunes from the wave.
To make all those playing options worthwhile listening, it got an enhanced low-frequency bass for you with the Mega Bass system. For making it easy to understand the modes in use, it got even a display on it too.
- Playback CDs, CD-R/RW and MP3 CDs.
- Has a built-in cassette tape deck with recording function
- FM/AM tuner with digital tuning.
- Has 30-station presets.
- AC and battery power options.
- Offers 19 hours of battery life.
- Aux audio input to connect digital music players
- One touch MEGA BASS enhancer.
Want to party? Then go for the Magnavox MD6972 CD boombox. Without any doubt, the unit stands out from the rest thanks to its gigantic color-changing front panel.
Right with the beat, the color light pulsates to give you the vibe to get on the floor.
And to play music, you’ve got a lot of options. You’ve got a top-loading CD player, digital PLL for AM/FM, Bluetooth support to play from devices wirelessly or connect using the aux port.
With the radio, you get programmable functions like shuffling tracks, skipping that—you get the gist.
All things said, the sound system is what makes the unit what it is. The boombox offers got some of the finest speakers in the radio system. It is loud, clear, and has that depth in the beats that give you goosebumps.
That’s enough to be in love with the Magnavox.
- Has a top loading CD-R/CD-RW player
- CD player is programmable
- Offers Digital PLL AM/FM stereo radio,
- Color changing pulsated lights at front
- LCD display with blue backlight
- Audio connectivity to devices using Bluetooth and AUX in port
- Has a built-in carry handle.
- Extendable antenna at the back
8. TechPlay QT62BT Retro Design Stereo CD with AM/FM
Retro radios are the best, aren’t they? If you feel the same, then you should check out the TechPlay QT62BT.
This square shaped radio with its vibrant red gloss color is hard to miss by on the tabletop. And with that big round glass tuner scale in front, it got the retro vibe going for it.
But looks can be deceiving. And the TechPlay proves that again with its modern features. On top of it, you’ve got a CD player. It has a nice open button on it which tells you clearly what it does.
Below the glass tuner, you’ve got buttons to control the player and tune the radio using the scroller. And if you got a bit lower, you’ll find a display to show you the exact frequency you’re on.
Around that screen, there are 4 buttons. On the left, you’ve got the standby mode button as well as the CD/USB button. The other side got buttons for AM/FM button and the AUX. By the way, it even offers Bluetooth connectivity.
Yet, not finished!
The best am FM radio with Bluetooth even has a remote control to use it.
- Comes in 3-color variants: Red, Turquoise and black
- Desktop stereo comes with wireless remote control
- Supports Bluetooth connection
- AUX-in port to plug and play from external devices
- Offers an improved programmable MP3 CD player
- Has a digital clock display
- AM/FM support
- Has a headphone jack for private listening
- SD and USB ports for music recording and play back
9. Jaras JJ-Box89 Red/Black Sport Portable Stereo CD Player with AM/FM
For a portable option, the Jarass JJ-BOX89 is a top choice. At first glance, it looks like a basket with that top handle on it.
It has a unique look, you have to agree.
The front side doesn’t have anything. If you go a bit above, there are your buttons and display. And if you got even higher, the top-loading CD holder is waiting for you.
Due to its oval kind of shape, the stereos are on the side panels. The top of the device has buttons to operate when the Jaras is in the CD mode. But to change the modes, you’ve got to go to the back. There you will find the volume scroller, tuner, and a couple of other stuff.
On the unit, you get a 16/19 track programmable memory option. However, Bluetooth is not an option available on the radio. The device lets you connect your devices using the AUX-in port. So, not that bad.
All in all, the unique design, easy to use the system, and striking colors of the JJ-Box89 makes for a package that you shouldn’t miss out on.
- Available in 3-color variants
- Portable AM/FM stereo radio with top loading CD player
- Gives 16/19 track programmable memory
- LED digital display
- Offers CD player functions: play/pause, skip/search, and repeat
- Has a telescopic antenna
- Got headphone jack
- Dynamic high performance speakers
- Power up using DC battery or AC power
10. Craig Electronics – CD Boombox with AM/FM Stereo Radio
You want a versatile radio player, then Craig electronics have just the right thing for you.
It’s the CD Boombox with AM/FM stereo radio.
The device has nothing extravagant about it. It has a simple oval shape kind of design that looks good. You will love the fact, it got those old tape buttons that we used to have. But that’s not the only thing that brings back old memories.
On their radio CD player, you’ve got a cassette player too. Get some cassette (if you can find) and get mixing tapes like those times.
Other than that, the six-key CD player radio is quite simple. Like many of the others, it got a programmable function, stop, plays, skip features. In the radio mode, you can choose between FM/AM to listen to.
Don’t worry about the sound. The boombox offers a quality sound that can fill up any room. To my surprise, it has good bass and treble.
Kudos to Craig for making a machine worth having.
- Has a top loading CD player
- LED display
- It is a 6 key cassette player/recorder
- Has support for 3.5mm aux port
- CD player is compatible with CD-R/CD-RW
- Runs on AC power and DC power (C batteries)
11. Jensen Modern Stereo AM/FM Radio CD Player
Let’s end on a high note with the modern home tabletop stereo radio from Jensen. Compared to all the other models, it will please a wide range of audiences. The clean, simple design of it makes it a fan favorite.
What you’ve got here is a front panel that has no buttons, just a huge display. The green LED is quite visible from far and in the dark. With a time showing on it, the radio even works as your clock.
The radio like all the others has a top-loading CD player. Here, you will get 20 CD programmable memory and all the typical functions that you might find in a player.
However, there are some unique features too. The AM/FM radio got a dual alarm system. Even it has a sleep option to make sure the radio shuts-off if you forget to do it manually. For me, the smartphone charging USB port is the real game-changer.
Then, there is the built-in stereo which is exceptional. It even has a headphone jack—something people complain about a lot missing from their smartphones.
- Dual alarm clock with snooze and sleep
- AM/FM stereo receiver
- Has 20AM+20FM station presets
- High/low/off dimmer control
- USB port for charging devices
- Has a headphone jack
- Got 20 CD programmable memory
- Battery backup for clock.
AM/FM CD Player Radio Buying Guide
I don’t think you got it when it comes to what to look for on the radio with a CD player. Still, there are some small things that you might forget about entirely while trying to get the best deal.
That’s why I’ve made this buying guide, just giving you insights into those key features that you should keep in your checklist.
Let’s check them out.
The radio CD player comes in many shapes. You’ve got something called Discman that is a compact disc that fits right in the pocket. But with them, you can enjoy music only with headphones.
Then there is the “Boombox”. These compact radios offer you to listen to both using speakers and headphones. And got many other features that the Discman fail to give.
There are others too. But these two are the most popular types.
With radios, you’ve got memory presets to store your favorite stations. The same offer comes with the CD radio players with a bit of twist. On some of the units, you will not only get to store the radio stations, you even get CD programmable memory. But you’ve got to keep an eye out for it.
A feature that makes the CD radios stand out from others is the Bass Boost technology. If you want to enjoy high-energy music with lots of basses, this feature is what you need. The technology reinforces the depth of music to make you feel every single beat.
Try to get a CD radio that offers to program on the music of a disc. This is a great feature to have. For example, if you do not want to listen to the entire album, you can just pick the tracks you want to play using it. Then there is the option to shuffle music to play at random.
Other modes of play:
Sometimes you won’t feel like listening to music on the CD player, nor on the radio. To have the latest music playing on the stereo of your radio, you can look for options that offer wireless Bluetooth playing. Or make a physical connection with your devices through the AUX-in port.
Besides that, you can look for a device that offers USB and SD card support.
Then some options take the old-school approach of letting you play cassettes. If you’ve got a nice collection of cassettes like Star-Lord, you’ve got to have it.
What’s the most popular brand of CD radio player?
There are many brands. But one particular band stands out from the lot, and that’s SONY.
Does CD player support CD-RW play?
It depends on the model. The ones here support playing from both CD-R and CD-RW. But that’s not the case for all devices. Make sure to check it out before making the purchase.
Which CD radio player is the best?
To me, all of them are great. But my heart goes to the Sony Stereo CD/Cassette for its unique features and design.
You’re getting a look at some of the best am FM radio with cd player in the business on the list. Many of the others could’ve easily been here too, but I tried my best to provide to keep it short.
From the devices here, you can easily find some quality listening units using both CD, radio, and much more.
Just make up your mind and choose one.